White Alba Truffle and Porcini Mushroom Salad with Parmesan
- 4 porcini mushroom caps
- 1 1/2 ounces alba white truffle (45 g)
- 3/4 ounce parmesan (20 g)
- 4 slices country-style bread
- 2 teaspoons white truffle oil (1 cl)
- fleur de sel
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce chickweed (30 g)
- 3/4 ounce wild purslane (20 g)
- 3 1/2 ounces assorted small lettuces (chicory, red hawk, etc.) (100 g)
- 3 ounces curly endive (80 g)
- 1 3/4 ounces frisée (50 g)
- 3 ounces arugula (80 g)
- 1 ounce mâche (30 g)
- 1 3/4 ounces dandelion greens (50 g)
- 1 3/4 ounces Jamaican chili pepper (50 g)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chervil (5 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery leaf (2 g)
- 3/4 teaspoon tarragon (3 g)
- 3/4 teaspoon marjoram (3 g)
- 3/4 teaspoon green basil (3 g)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chives (5 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon mint (2 g)
Step 1: Salad
Clean the porcini mushroom stems, scraping them with a paring knife, then brush the mushrooms under running water, and pat dry on a cloth. Remove the caps from the stems; reserve the stems for another recipe.
Stalk the chickweed, Jamaican chili, dandelion, arugula, and purslane. Pick over the lettuces, keeping only the tops of the leaves.
Pick over the mâche, and keep only the smaller leaves.
Wash all the lettuces in a large amount of water, keeping them separate. Spin dry, then toss.
Separate the leaves of the chervil, celery, mint, tarragon, marjoram, green basil, and chives. Keep only the tips of the leaves.
Wash all the herbs in a large amount of water, keeping them separate. Spin, then toss.
Step 2: Plating
Mix the herbs and the lettuce, and season with fleur de sel, freshly ground pepper, olive oil, and white truffle oil.
Serve the salad in a dome on each plate, and grate the Porcini mushroom caps, white truffle, and parmesan over the top using a truffle mandoline.
Toast the bread over a wood fire, and serve on the side.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse