Pea Soup with Ricotta Gnocchi and Fairy Ring Mushrooms
- 10 1/2 ounces shelled peas (300 g)
- 3 1/2 ounces pea pods (100 g)
- 1 cup light chicken stock (50 cl)
- 1/3 ounce sugar (10 g)
- 1 1/4 ounce butter (50 g)
- 1 1/4 ounce whipped cream (50 g)
- 3 1/3 tablespoons seasoning olive oil (5 cl)
- 7 ounces ricotta cheese (200 g)
- 3/4 ounce flour (20 g)
- 1 whole egg
- 4 teaspoons olive oil (2 cl)
- 1 ounce butter (30 g)
- cooking olive oil
- fleur de sel
- 3 1/3 tablespoons light chicken stock (5 cl)
- 1/3 ounce grated Parmesan cheese (10 g)
- 3 1/2 ounces small spring fairy ring mushrooms (100 g)
- 2 ounces shelled peas (60 g)
- 3/4 ounce butter (20 g)
Step 1: Soup
Bring the stock to a boil, add the pea pods, and infuse for 20 minutes. Filter through a fine-meshed chinois.
Sweat the shelled peas in a drizzle of oil. Add the boiling stock, the butter and the sugar then cook quickly.
When cooked, transfer to the high speed blender and reduce to a fine puree, then sieve through a fine tamis before cooling quickly.
Step 2: Mushrooms
Place the ricotta, flour, and egg in the blender, liquefy until very smooth, and set aside in the refrigerator for a few moments.
Make quenelles of the gnocchi dough with two teaspoons and plunge them in boiling salted water. As soon as the gnocchi come back to the surface, cool and set aside in a greased plate.
Braise the fairy ring mushrooms in dab of butter, and add the peas. Sweat for a few moments, moisten with the stock, and let thicken.
Add the gnocchi, toss in the juice, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse