Artichoke and Porcini Mushroom Consommé with Foie Gras Rissoles and Truffle Matignon
- 4 1/4 ounces white onions (120 g)
- 6 baby artichokes
- 10 1/2 ounces medium-sized porcini mushrooms (300 g)
- 3 ounces chicken consommé (80 g)
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream (5 cl)
- 2 tablespoons cooking olive oil
- 10 ounces whipped cream (30 g)
- 1 quart grapeseed oil (1 l)
Mini Foie Gras Turnovers
- 9 ounces flour, sifted (250 g)
- 5 fluid ounces white wine (15 cl)
- 4 1/4 ounces preserved foie gras (120 g)
- 1/2 ounce chopped black truffle (15 g)
Step 1: Truffle Matignon
Step 2: Artichoke and Porcini Mushroom Consommé
Peel and thinly slice the white onions. Turn the artichokes and quarter them. Clean and wash the porcini mushrooms.
Sweat the white onions in a large pot, and add the artichokes and the porcini mushrooms. Cover and sweat together, without browning.
Cover with boiling chicken consommé and cook for 30 minutes. Add the cream, and bring to a boil. Liquefy in a blender, and strain through a fine meshed chinois. Season as needed. The texture should be smooth and creamy, neither thick nor lumpy.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse