Baby Artichoke Risotto with Sharp Parmesan
- 3 1/2 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano (100 g)
- 12 baby artichokes
- 1/2 cup veal jus (10 cl)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- fleur de sel
- 7 ounces Italian Arborio rice (200 g)
- 2 ounces white onions (60 g)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (10 cl)
- 2 1/2 cups light chicken stock (60 cl)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken consommé (60 cl)
- 2 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano (60 g)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (5 cl)
- 1 1/2 ounces butter (40 g)
- fleur de sel
- 1/2 cup olive oil (10 cl)
Step 1: Artichokes
Remove the hard, dry leaves from the artichokes. Cut the stems 1 1/2 inches (3 cm) from the base, setting the remaining stems, as well as the hard parts of the leaves, aside.
Peel the stem as if it were an asparagus.
Remove the choke, and place the artichokes in water acidified with ascorbic acid (1/4 teaspoon per quart (1 g per liter) of water) as they are prepared.
Prepare all of the artichokes in the same way.
Step 2: Parmesan
Choose a piece of parmesan that is not too dry, and cut out a 2 x 3 1/2 inch (5 x 8.5 cm) rectangle. Slice this piece of parmesan on a slicer set at position 0 to obtain very thin slices. Shape these slices like wood shavings, place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse