Baked Sea Bass Fillets with Green Shellfish Condiment
- 1 wild Brittany sea bass, 9 lbs (4 kg)
- fleur de sel
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (5 cl)
- 2 ounces butter (50 g)
- 8 slices crispy skin
- 7 ounces salted farm butter (200 g)
- 2 ounces fresh almonds, shelled and sliced (50 g)
- 2 ounces fresh walnuts, shelled and sliced (50 g)
- 1 bunch chervil
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch chives
- 2 1/2 ounces shallots (70 g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ounce grain mustard (30 g)
- 1 ounce Jabugo ham (30 g)
- 1 ribbon lemon zest, chopped
- 2 scallions
- 3 1/2 ounces nailhead chanterelle mushrooms (100 g)
- 10 1/2 ounces fingerling potatoes (300 g)
- 1 lb butter (500 g)
- 3 1/2 fluid ounces light chicken stock (10 cl)
- 3 1/2 fluid ounces olive oil (10 cl)
- 1 lb spinach (500 g)
- 3 bunches parsley
- 1 bunch watercress
- 4 razor clams, shelled alive
- 4 oysters
- 7 fluid ounces olive oil (20 cl)
- 1 clove garlic
- 7 ounces fresh almonds (20 g)
- 1 fennel heart
- 2 wild asparagus
- 1 lemon
Step 1: Sea Bass
Scale and clean the bass, removing the head and the tail. Cut the fillets from the central bone. Remove the ventral bones as well as the skin. Trim the fillets, leaving only the white parts.
Cut 8 portions, 5-1/2 ounces (160 g) each. Coat in olive oil, and season with fleur de sel. Sear over a very low heat so as not to brown, and finish cooking in the oven in a buttered, cast iron dish.
When the fish is cooked, deglaze the cast iron dish with some oil, and coat the fish in this sauce. Season with fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper.
Step 2: Shellfish
Soak the clams and razor clams in salted water in the dark so that all the sand is released. Rinse again under running water, and drain.
In a large sauté pan, sweat the diced shallots in some butter. Add 1 garlic clove, the bouquet garni and the drained clams, and deglaze with white wine. Cook covered until the clams open. Drain the cooking juices, and set them aside.
Once cooled, trim the littleneck clams and coat with herb butter, prepared below.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse