Black Truffle Risotto
- 1 Périgord black truffle, 1 1/2 ounces (40 g)
- 1 1/2 ounces truffle puree (40 g)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons truffle juice (5 cl)
- 1/3 cup truffle oil (8 cl)
- 1/2 ounce butter (15 g)
- 1/2 cup beef jus (15 cl)
- 1 clove garlic
- seasoning olive oil
- fleur de sel
- 7 ounces Italian Carnaroli rice (200 g)
- 1 white onion, 2 ounces (60 g)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (10 cl)
- 2 1/2 cups light chicken stock (60 cl)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken consommé (60 cl)
- 2 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano (60 g)
- 2 fluid ounces cooking olive oil (6 cl)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons seasoning olive oil (5 cl)
- 1 1/2 ounces butter (40 g)
- fleur de sel
Step 1: Truffle
Clean the truffle under cold running water with a fingernail brush. Pat dry and peel with a thin-bladed knife. The trimmings can be kept for another recipe or chopped and included in the risotto before serving.
Melt the butter in a saucepan and brown. Immediately add the truffle puree and roast it so that it gives off a maximum amount of flavor.
Moisten with truffle juice, add the truffle oil and season with fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper. Cover and infuse on the edge of the range.
Step 2: Risotto
Bring the light chicken stock and chicken consommé to a boil and keep hot, without reducing.
Peel and finely mince the white onion. Heat some olive oil in a sauté pan, add the minced onion, and sweat over a low heat for 3 minutes. Add the rice and stir constantly for 5 minutes until it becomes translucent, then deglaze with the white wine. Reduce until almost dry, moisten almost to the top with the hot mixture of light stock and consommé, cover, and simmer, stirring constantly.
When the rice has absorbed all of the liquid, moisten again almost to the top and continue cooking, stirring constantly. Repeat this operation five or six times.
After 18 minutes, the rice should be cooked. At this point, fold in the butter, seasoning olive oil and grated parmesan, stirring constantly.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse