Broccoletti Risotto with Sharp Parmesan Shavings
- 7 ounces Italian Arborio rice (200 g)
- 2 ounces white onions (60 g)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (10 cl)
- 2 1/2 cups light chicken stock (60 cl)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken consommé (60 cl)
- 2 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano (60 g)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (7 cl)
- 1 1/2 ounces butter (40 g)
- 1/2 cup veal jus (10 cl)
- 3 1/2 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano, grated (100 g)
- 10 1/2 ounces broccoletti (300 g)
- 1/3 ounce butter (10 g)
- fleur de sel
- cooking olive oil
- coarse gray sea salt
Step 1: Broccoletti
Remove the largest stems from the broccoletti, keeping only the tips and the small, tender florets.
Boil the broccoletti in salt water. When it is al dente, drain and shock immediately in ice water. Remove and place on paper towels to absorb as much water as possible.
Step 2: Parmesan Shavings
Choose a piece of parmesan that is not too dry, and cut out a 2 x 3 1/2 inch (5 x 8.5 cm) rectangle.
Slice the parmesan on a slicer set at position 0, to obtain very thin slices. Shape these slices like wood shavings, then place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse