Caramel and Nut Tart, 2014
Ah, caramel! I’m currently obsessed with caramel, and this rich and indulgent tart is the proof. With an extra-creamy caramel and mascarpone filling, coated with a thin layer of caramel chocolate glaze, and embellished with a mass of nuts floating on the surface, every mouthful is a treat.
Sweet Almond Pastry
Caramel and Mascarpone Cream
- 4 1/4 ounces superfine sugar (120 g)
- 1 1/4 ounce glucose (35 g)
- 1 1/2 ounce water (40 g)
- 9 ounces 35% fat heavy cream (255 g)
- 1 pinch fleur de sel
- 3 grams powdered gelatin
- 1 ounce Cœur de caramélia 38% Valrhona® milk chocolate (30 g)
- 1 1/2 ounces powdered sugar (45 g)
- 3/4 ounces peanuts (25 g)
- 1 3/4 ounces hazelnuts (50 g)
- 1/2 ounce pecans (15 g)
- 1/2 ounce cocoa nibs (15 g)
- 1/2 ounce slivered almonds (15 g)
Step 1: Sweet Almond Pastry
Combine the butter, flour, confectioners’ (powdered) sugar, almond meal (ground almonds), egg, and salt in a mixing bowl. Split the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds over the other ingredients. Mix with a silicone spatula.
When the dough is smooth, roll into a ball without working it too much. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours. The sweet almond pastry will keep in the refrigerator for several days. You can prepare it ahead of time or store the leftover for another dish.
This recipe was originally published in "My Best Christophe Adam" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
All My Chefs suggests