Foie Gras with Simmered Giblets, Morels and Farfalle
- 2 large lobes duck foie gras
- 3 1/3 cups duck stock (80 cl)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar (20 cl)
- 2 teaspoons Sherry vinegar (1 cl)
- fleur de sel
- coarsely ground black pepper
Making the farfalle pasta
Giblets and Morels
- 12 duck heads (tongues and brains)
- 2 1/2 cups duck stock (60 cl)
- 1 lemon
- fleur de sel
- 12 duck kidneys
- 1/3 ounce butter (10 g)
- 24 small morels
Finishing and Plating
- 1/4 bunch chives
- 3 1/3 tablespoons truffle juice (10 cl)
- 3 scallions, bias cut
- 2 teaspoons truffle juice (1 cl)
Step 1: Foie Gras
Cut the foie gras in two widthwise, and trim the ends. Chop the trimmings and set aside.
Reduce the Balsamic vinegar by half, and add the sherry vinegar.
Step 2: Making the farfalle pasta
Combine the flours, and form a well on the marble. Break the eggs into the well.
Mix the ingredients to form a homogenous dough, and chill for 3 hours.
Roll the dough out in the pasta roller, lowering the setting little by little to 0.5 to keep the dough’s texture.
Make the butterfly pasta by cutting out crinkle-cut circles.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse