Cream of Asparagus Soup with Cuajada and Asparagus Salad
- 1 1/4 pounds wild green asparagus (1 kg)
- 5 1/4 ounces white spring onions (150 g)
- 1 quart chicken stock (1 l)
- 3 1/3 tablespoons cooking olive oil (5 cl)
- 1 3/4 ounces butter (50 g)
- 3 1/3 tablespoons whipping cream (5 cl)
- 7 ounces cuajada (200 g)
- fleur de sel
- coarsely ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (2 cl)
- 8 large green asparagus (caliber > 26)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning olive oil (1 cl)
- fleur de sel
Step 1: Cream of Asparagus Soup
Peel and wash the asparagus.
Mince the tips and stems finely, reserving them separately. Chop the onions.
Pour some olive oil into a non-stick pan, and sweat the chopped onions and the asparagus stems. Add the stock and bring to a boil, then add the asparagus tips.
Cook, then purée. Cool on ice if not being served immediately, otherwise, add the butter and the half whipped cream, and mix with a wand mixer to emulsify.
Step 2: Asparagus Salad
Peel and wash the asparagus. Finely slice lengthwise, to obtain ribbons.
Season with a dash of olive oil, salt, and pepper just before serving.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse