- 12 1/3 ounces crème fraîche (350 g)
- 10 1/2 ounces granulated sugar (300 g)
- 6 1/4 ounces glucose (175 g)
- 1 3/4 ounces honey (50 g)
- 12 1/3 ounces candied orange peel, chopped (350 g)
- 1 3/4 ounces chopped pistachios (50 g)
- 1 3/4 ounces chopped pine nuts (50 g)
- 1 3/4 ounces chopped hazelnuts (50 g)
- 1 3/4 ounces sliced almonds (50 g)
- 7 ounces flour (100 g)
- milk or fondant chocolate (SQ)
Heat the cream, sugar, glucose and honey to 189°F (87°C).
Mix the candied orange peel with the flour and add to the preceding mixture. Finish by adding the nuts, making sure not to overmix to avoid breaking the nuts. Let cool.
Shape into small domes on a baking sheet and bake in a 392°F (200°C) convection oven until the sugars have caramelized. Turn out onto a rack while still hot and let cool.
Decorate the flat side of the Florentines with warm chocolate (fondant or milk) using a decorating brush. Set aside in a dry place.
This recipe was originally published in "Alain Ducasse’s Desserts and Pastries" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse