- 4 sole, 1 pound (500 g) each
- 1 ounce butter (40 g)
- 3 1/3 tablespoons olive oil (5 cl)
- 3 1/2 ounces button mushrooms (100 g)
- 3 1/3 tablespoons dry white wine (5 cl)
- fleur de sel
- 5 1/4 ounces butter (150 g)
- 3 1/2 ounces shallots, sliced into large rings (100 g)
- 5 1/4 ounces button mushrooms (150 g)
- 3 1/3 tablespoons white wine (5 cl)
- 1 cup calf’s foot jelly (20 cl)
- 2 cups light chicken stock (40 cl)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons strip Espelette pepper (15 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon black Sarawak peppercorns (2 g)
- 1/4 bunch parsley
Step 1: Sole
Scale, dress, and clean the sole. Remove the white and gray skins, then the nervous membrane on the outer parts of the fillets, with a thin bladed knife. Remove the head and tail to obtain nice sections.
Season with fleur de sel, and quickly roast on both sides in a sauté pan with frothy butter. Add the button mushrooms, sweat with the white wine and sauce base, then bake, covered. At the end of cooking time, remove the sole and rest in a warm place.
Step 2: Sauce
Thinly slice the mushrooms, and sweat in 3 1/2 ounces (100 g) of frothy butter. Add the 1 1/4 pounds (600 g) of the sauce base (prepared below), and infuse for 30 minutes.
Sieve through a fine-meshed chinois. Reduce the infusion by half with the 1/2 cup (125 g) of mussel cooking juice (prepared below), then emulsify the rest with butter. Add the reduced cream, check the seasoning, and acidify with a dash of lemon juice at the end.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse