With Morello cherries and white chocolate, kirsch sauce
- You will need the following utensils to prepare and serve this dessert:
- 6 plastic egg aspic molds
- 6 parchment paper circles, 5 inches in diameter (12 cm)
Making the hats
- 18 wild Morello cherries
- 1 pound 1 1/2 ounces dark chocolate couverture (500 g)
- 3 1/2 ounces white chocolate (100 g)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 2/3 cups 30° Baumé syrup (40 cl)
- 1 cup heavy cream (25 cl)
Finish and presentation
- reduced cherry juice with a dash of kirsch (SQ)
- fresh cherries with stems (SQ)
Step 1: Making the hats
Temper the dark chocolate couverture. Coat the inside of the 6 plastic molds and refrigerate to set.
Bring the syrup to a boil. Prepare the pâte à bombe by beating egg yolks continuously while adding the hot syrup in a thin stream. Beat the mixture until stiff. Melt the white chocolate. Whip the heavy cream.
Combine the white chocolate, cream, and pâte à bombe. Fill the molds with this mixture, adding 3 wild Morello cherries to each mold. Freeze for 1 hour.
Step 2: Preparing the flocking
This recipe was originally published in "Alain Ducasse’s Desserts and Pastries" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse