- 5 1/4 ounces whole, roasted hazelnuts (150 g)
- 1 pound 1/2 ounce confectioners’ sugar (465 g)
- 9 1/4 ounces sifted flour (265 g)
- 10 1/2 ounces melted butter (300 g)
- 3 teaspoons honey (12 g)
- 1 pound 1 1/2 ounces egg whites (500 g)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (10 g)
- 1 pinch of salt
- a few coarsely chopped roasted hazelnuts for the garnish
Finely chop the hazelnuts with the sugar and flour to make a powder.
Fold in the egg whites, honey, baking powder, and salt, ending with the warm melted butter.
Stir until smooth and refrigerate.
Grease and dust oval pans, and fill them three-quarters full with the batter. Sprinkle the surface with chopped hazelnuts. Bake the financiers for around 10 minutes in a 410°F (210°C) convection oven.
Turn out onto a rack and let cool.
This recipe was originally published in "Alain Ducasse’s Desserts and Pastries" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse