Langoustine and Truffle Ravioli
- 1⁄8 ounce fine salt (3 g)
- 20–30 raw langoustines, such as Dublin prawns (about 8 pounds, 14 ounces/4 kg)
- 3⁄8 ounce (10 g) chopped truffle plus 1 ounce (30 g) whole truffle
- 3½ ounces cabbage leaves (100 g)
- 1½ tablespoons butter, cubed (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (15 ml)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
Step 1: Ravioli Dough
Mix the flour, salt, and duck fat in a stand mixer, then add 5 tablespoons (75 ml) of boiling water. Mix the dough without beating.
Spread the dough out over a floured work surface. Cut into two equal parts. Wrap in aluminum foil, and let rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Step 2: Filling
Peel the langoustines using a pair of scissors to cut through the shell over their bellies. Devein the langoustines, and pat the tails dry on a cloth. Season with pepper, then coat with chopped truffle.
This recipe was originally published in "MY BEST JOËL ROBUCHON" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Joël Robuchon