Spring Vegetables with Bacon
- 4 1/2 lbs new peas (2 kg) (3 1/2 ounces (100 g) per person)
- 1 3/4 lbs baby broad beans (800 g) (1 3/4 ounces (50 g) per person)
- 12 turnips, with tops
- 12 carrots, with tops
- 12 young onions, with tops
- 12 morel mushrooms (1 1/2 inches (4 cm))
- 12 baby asparagus
- 4 small heads, Little Gem lettuce
- 4 1/4 ounces country bacon (120 g)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons veal jus (5 cl)
- 1 quart chicken stock (1 l)
- 2 fluid ounces cooking olive oil (6 cl)
- 4 1/4 ounces butter (120 g)
- 10 1/2 ounces new potatoes (300 g)
- 1 clove new garlic
- seasoning olive oil
- fleur de sel
Step 1: Vegetables
Shell the peas, separating the small ones from the large ones. Reserve 7 ounces of shelled peas (200 g) for the pea purée.
Shell the baby broad beans, removing the outer skin and the sprout.
Cut the carrots into 2-inch (5 cm) long segments. Peel evenly and wash in a basin of cold water.
Peel the turnips and cut evenly into a perfect round shape. Wash in a basin of cold water.
Cut off the dirty part of the morel stems, wash carefully, and drain on a dishtowel.
Remove the outer skin of the onions, and keep 1 1/4 inches (3 cm) of stem.
Clean the asparagus, removing the leaflets. Cut on the bias, keeping only 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) from the tips. Wash in a basin of cold water.
Peel the new potatoes and rinse under running water. Brown in a sauté pan in some olive oil, and finish cooking in some frothy butter and unpeeled garlic.
Drain the different vegetables without combining them, and season with fleur de sel.
Sweat separately in individual sauté pans in some olive oil. Cover the vegetables with boiling light chicken stock, then cover the sauté pan and cook, glazing at the end of cooking time. Cool in the flash freezer on a stainless steel rack.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse