Our Very Own Tiramisu
Preparing the cream and the soaked ladyfinger cookies
- 8 3/4 ounces Pavesini cookies or slightly dried ladyfinger cookies (250 g)
- 1 pound 1 1/2 ounces mascarpone cheese (500 g)
- Tiramisu Cream:
- 1 pound 1 1/2 ounces heavy cream (500 g)
- 5 eggs
- 3 1/2 ounces granulated sugar (100 g)
- Soaking Syrup and Garnish:
- 2 cups espresso coffee (50 cl)
- cocoa powder (SQ)
- 3 1/2 ounces Brasilia coffee couverture chocolate (100 g)
- Note: Feel free to add Marsala wine, amaretto, or coffee liqueur to the espresso coffee.
Step 1: Preparing the cream and the soaked ladyfinger cookies
Make espresso coffee.
Beat the ingredients for the tiramisu cream together using the low speed setting until dissolved, then whip until thickened. We recommend to avoid whipping the cream too fast, so it does not become grainy. Once the cream is whipped, add reduced coffee to half of the cream.
Soak the Pavesini cookies in coffee.
Temper the coffee couverture and spread evenly on a 16 × 24 inch (40 × 60 cm) Rhodoid sheet. Let set and cut into circles the same diameter as the serving glass.
Step 2: Assembly and presentation
Line the bottom of the serving glass with a layer of cookies soaked in coffee. Cover with unflavored mascarpone cream. Sprinkle with powdered cocoa and cover with a chocolate disk.
Follow with a second layer of coffee-soaked cookies, cover with a layer of mascarpone cream flavored with coffee, then repeat the layers.
Even out the top of the dessert. Set aside to chill. Sprinkle the top of the dessert with powdered sugar at the last moment and serve.
This recipe was originally published in "Alain Ducasse’s Desserts and Pastries" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse