- 1 pound 10 1/4 ounces pearl onions (750 g)
- 1 1/4 ounces coarse sea salt (35 g)
- 3/4 ounces cloves peeled garlic, sprout removed (20 g)
- 1 red bird’s eye chili
- 1 teaspoon tarragon (4 g)
- 1/3 teaspoon coriander seeds (3 g)
- 1/3 teaspoon white peppercorns (3 g)
- 1/3 teaspoon black peppercorns (3 g)
- 1 quart white vinegar (1 l)
Step 1: Onions
Peel the baby onions. Rub them with the sea salt, and let marinate for 1 hour.
Put the onions in an earthenware pot, placing some tarragon between each layer.
Add the spices to the vinegar, bring to a boil, and pour into the earthenware pot to cover the onions.
Once the vinegar has cooled, cover and store in a cool, dry place.
Marinate for at least 45 days before serving.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse