Provençal Vegetables in a Pistou Soup
- 3 ounces country bacon (80 g)
- 2 ounces onions (60 g)
- 1 1/2 ounces celery (40 g)
- 1 1/2 ounces zucchini (40 g)
- 2 ounces carrots (60 g)
- 2 ounces leeks, whites only (60 g)
- 1 3/4 ounces turnips (50 g)
- 3 1/2 ounces firm tomatoes (100 g)
- 1 3/4 ounces firm potatoes (50 g)
- 2 1/2 ounces peas, shelled (70 g)
- 1 3/4 ounces green beans (50 g)
- 1 3/4 ounces Val di Nervia beans (50 g)
- 1/2 sage leaf
- 1 small sprig rosemary
- extra-virgin olive oil
- fleur de sel
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 1/2 ounces grana padano cheese (100 g)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (15 cl)
Step 1: Vegetables
Peel all the vegetables for the soup except for the zucchini.
Peel, quarter, and seed the tomatoes, and remove the core and membranes.
String the green beans. Boil briefly in salted water with the peas in order to set the color. Cut the green beans in two lengthwise.
Put the white beans in a small saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Add the sage and rosemary, and simmer on the edge of the range. Once cooked, add a pinch of fleur de sel.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse