Risotto with Fried Zucchetta and Zucchini Blossoms
- 7 ounces Italian Arborio rice (200 g)
- 2 ounces spring onions (60 g)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (10 cl)
- 2 1/2 cups light chicken stock (60 cl)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken consommé (60 cl)
- 2 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano, grated (60 g)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (5 cl)
- 1 1/2 ounces butter (40 g)
- 1/2 cup cooking olive oil (10 cl)
- 1/2 cup veal jus (10 cl)
Step 1: Batter
In a stainless steel receptacle, whisk the egg, water, sifted flour, and a bit of fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper.
Cover the receptacle, and let the mixture rest for 2 hours at room temperature.
When ready to use, add the chopped garlic tip.
Step 2: Zucchini
With the tip of a thin bladed knife, cut 12 thin bands of skin from the zucchetta, 1/2 inch (1 cm) wide and 4 inches (10 cm) long. Trim the edges so that they are nicely parallel. Wash these bands delicately under running water, and pat dry between two pieces of paper towel.
Dice the zucchini into an even salpicon.
Stalk and chop the basil.
Delicately remove the stem and the bottom of the zucchini blossoms. Split in half lengthwise, and shred them into strips 1/5 inch (5 mm) wide.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse