Roast Lobster with Sautéed Vegetables and Lobster Roe Sauce
- 2 female lobsters, 3/4-1 pound (450 to 500 g) each
- black peppercorns
- dried fennel
- 1/2 cup whipped cream (10 cl)
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons truffle juice (1 cl)
Vegetable Stew Base
Green Vegetable Stew
- 8 small green asparagus
- 1 pound peas (500 g)
- 3 1/2 ounces baby broad beans (100 g)
- 3 1/2 ounces green beans (100 g)
- 3 1/2 ounces snow peas (100 g)
- 6 green onions
- 2 leaves Little Gem Lettuce (taken from the heart)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (10 cl)
- 1 3/4 ounces butter (50 g)
- fleur de sel
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons light chicken stock (2 cl)
Step 1: Lobster
Cook the lobsters in water seasoned with dried fennel and black pepper.
Allow 3 minutes’ cooking time for the tails and 6 for the claws, then shell the latter, making sure to remove all cartilage.
Step 2: Lobster Ragout
Cut each lobster tail in 5 medallions, remove the internal membrane, and devein.
Sauté the medallions with lobster butter, shell-side down in a hot sauté pan. Remove the lobster, and add the coarsely chopped reserved roe. Mash with a fork until finely crushed.
Deglaze with some cognac, reduce a little, and the lobster stock. Reduce a little, add the lobster medallions, and infuse with some truffle juice and the crushed basil leaf. Add a drizzle of olive oil, a dash of lemon juice, and freshly ground pepper.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse