Savarin with Kirsch
- 1⁄8 ounce compressed fresh yeast (4 g)
- 2½ tablespoons warm milk (40 ml)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (95 g)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons browned butter (25 g)
- 1 ounce Morello cherries in brandy (30 g)
- A little melted butter
- 1 ¾ ounces apricot jam or preserves (50 g)
- 1 pinch fine salt
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
Kirsch Ice Cream
Step 1: Syrup
Wash and dry the lemon and orange. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the zest, making sure not to take off any pith.
Boil 2 cups (500 ml) of water with the sugar. Add the orange and lemon zests, vanilla bean, lemongrass, cinnamon, and star anise. Cover with a lid and let infuse for 30 minutes. Add the fresh pineapple juice, and stir to combine.
Strain the contents of the saucepan through a conical strainer.
This recipe was originally published in "MY BEST JOËL ROBUCHON" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Joël Robuchon