Savarin with Kirsch
- 1⁄8 ounce compressed fresh yeast (4 g)
- 2½ tablespoons warm milk (40 ml)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (95 g)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons browned butter (25 g)
- 1 ounce Morello cherries in brandy (30 g)
- A little melted butter
- 1 ¾ ounces apricot jam or preserves (50 g)
- 1 pinch fine salt
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
Kirsch Ice Cream
Step 1: Syrup
Wash and dry the lemon and orange. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the zest, making sure not to take off any pith.
Boil 2 cups (500 ml) of water with the sugar. Add the orange and lemon zests, vanilla bean, lemongrass, cinnamon, and star anise. Cover with a lid and let infuse for 30 minutes. Add the fresh pineapple juice, and stir to combine.
Strain the contents of the saucepan through a conical strainer.
This recipe was originally published in "MY BEST JOËL ROBUCHON" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Joël Robuchon