Lobster with Cooked Vegetable Salad
- 4 female lobsters, 1 pound (500 g) each
- black peppercorns
- dried fennel
- fleur de sel
- 1 lemon
- 4 teaspoons truffle juice (2 cl)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil (2 cl)
- 3/4 ounce mayonnaise (20 g)
- fleur de sel
- 3 1/2 ounces large carrots, with tops (100 g)
- 3 1/2 ounces white radish or turnip (100 g)
- 3 1/2 ounces celery heart (100 g)
- 1 3/4 ounces Granny Smith apples (50 g)
- 1/2 ounce black truffle (15 g)
- 10 coriander seeds
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 ribbon lemon rind
- fresh thyme blossom
- 1 garlic clove
- cooking olive oil
Step 1: Lobster
Cook the lobsters in water seasoned with salt, dried fennel, and black pepper.
Allow 4 minutes’ cooking time for the tails and 6 for the claws. Shell the claws, making sure not to leave any cartilage behind. Shell the tails and set aside for 10 minutes.
Cut the lobster tails lengthwise into 8 thin slices. Coat with emulsified lobster stock (prepared below), and season with freshly ground pepper.
Step 2: Emulsified Lobster Stock
Reduce the skimmed lobster stock, emulsify with a drizzle of olive oil, and season with a dash of lemon juice and freshly ground pepper.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse