Suckling Pork Chops with Polenta and Black Truffle Sauce
- 1 rack of suckling pig, 4 1/2 pounds (2 kg)
- 1 cup pork jus (20 cl)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons butter (10 g)
- 1 pound pork belly, sous-vide (500 g)
- fleur de sel
- olive oil
Black Truffle Juice
- 10 1/2 ounces white onions (300 g)
- 10 leaves marjoram
- 3/4 ounce crushed black truffle (20 g)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons truffle juice (2 cl)
- 1 1/4 cups pork jus (30 cl)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (2 cl)
Step 1: Suckling Pork Chops
Expose every other rib, removing those in between.
Remove the skin and any very fatty parts or nervous membranes. Break up the cartilage on either side of each backbone.
Slice the rack into French-cut double chops.
Step 2: Black Truffle Juice
Peel the onions, halve, and slice into very thin slices, keeping only the outer parts. Coat with olive oil, and sweat on a non-stick sheet pan, mixing often in order to obtain slices that are dry and coated in fat.
Mix the cooked onions with the marjoram, the truffle, the truffle juice, and the pork jus. Bring to the desired consistency, and check the seasoning.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse