The essence of this milk chocolate, praline, and Piedmont hazelnut cake is the contrast between the milk chocolate and the varied textures—at once crispy, crunchy, and smooth—and the complex sensations they give.
Roasted, Crushed Hazelnuts
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) whole, raw Piedmont hazelnuts
Dacquoise Hazelnut Biscuit
- 1 oz (30 g) unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 oz (75 g) Jivara Valrhona cooking chocolate* (40% cocoa)
- 5 1/4 oz (150 g) hazelnut praline 60/40 (Valrhona)
- 5 1/4 oz (150 g) pure hazelnut paste (hazelnut purée)
- 5 1/4 oz (150 g) crumbled Gavottes Crispy Lace Crepes
Fine Milk Chocolate Leaves
Milk Chocolate Ganache
Chantilly milk chocolate
Step 1: Roasted, Crushed Hazelnuts
On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, spread the hazelnuts out in a single layer and roast them at 320°F (160°C) for 20 minutes. Using a sieve, remove the skins, then crush the nuts.
Step 2: Dacquoise Hazelnut Biscuit
On a dish, roast the ground hazelnuts at 300°F (150°C) for 10 minutes. Sift the confectioners sugar and ground hazelnuts together. Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks while adding the sugar in three parts. Fold in the sifted mixture, using a spatula.
This recipe was originally published in "My Best Pierre Hermé" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Pierre Hermé