Thinly Sliced Cod and Rougail
- 1 red onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, germ removed and julienned
- 5 1/4 ounces oven-dried tomatoes, diced into a salpicon (150 g)
- 5 1/4 ounces ripe mangoes, diced into a brunoise (150 g)
- 5 1/4 ounces green mangoes, diced into a brunoise (150 g)
- 2 red bird’s eye chile peppers, one crushed, the other julienned
- 1/3 cup reduced tomato juice (8 cl)
- 2 tablespoons cooking olive oil (3 cl)
- fried parsley leaves
Step 1: Cod
Scale and clean the cod, discarding the head and tail. Cut the fillets from the central bone. Eliminate the ventral bones, then the skin. Trim enough to end up with white fillets. Cut 8 steaks, 7 ounces (200 g) each, from the meatiest part of the fillets.
Cut each steak into slices 3/4 inches (2 cm) thick. Marinate in coconut milk and lemon juice for 5 minutes.
Drain the fish, then coat it with olive oil, and cook quickly in a non-stick frying pan. Season with fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper.
Step 2: Rougail
Heat the oil in a saucepan, and sweat the red onion.
Add the crushed red bird’s eye chile and garlic along with the reduced tomato juices.
Cook until nice and thick, then remove from the heat, and add the mangoes and tomatoes. Be sure that the seasoning is very flavorful and pronounced.
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
This recipe is reserved for the Premium subscribers
Get the full recipe and enjoy unlimited access to 1,000 recipes from the greatest chefs, starting from just 1$
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse