Wild Asparagus Risotto with Beef Jus
- 7 ounces Italian Arborio rice (200 g)
- 2 ounces white onions (60 g)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (10 cl)
- 1 quart light chicken stock (90 cl)
- 2 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano, grated (60 g)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (5 cl)
- 3 ounces butter (90 g)
- fleur de sel
- 3 1/2 tablespoons whipped cream (5 cl)
- 1 3/4 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano shavings (50 g)
- 1/3 cup beef jus (8 cl)
Step 1: Risotto
Bring the light chicken stock to a boil without reducing it.
Peel the white onions, finely mince, and sweat without browning in a saucepan with 1 3/4 ounces (50 g) of butter.
Add the rice and stir for 3 minutes with a wooden spoon until translucent. Add the white wine and let completely evaporate, stirring continuously.
Cover with the boiling stock, and simmer gently, stirring continuously. When the rice has absorbed all of the liquid, cover once more with light stock.
Repeat five or six times. After 18 minutes, the rice should be cooked.
Add 1 1/2 cups (40 cl) of butter, 3 1/2 tablespoons (5 cl) of olive oil, and the grated Parmesan, stirring constantly.
Step 2: Wild Asparagus
This recipe was originally published in "Culinary Encyclopedia by Alain Ducasse" (Éditions Alain Ducasse). See all credits
All My Chefs suggests
Other recipes by Alain Ducasse